Carol Service 28th December 2021 at 3pm. Booking Essential: 01887 820025
The first church in Bridge of Gaur, or Georgetown as it was known at the time, was built a few hundred yards west of the current church in 1776. This was replaced by a church on the present site in 1855, until it in turn was replaced by the current church in 1907, the only reminder of the original church is the bellcote, which was moved to each of its replacements in turn.
The interior has a warm and welcoming feel to it and this church's first minister, Rev. A.E. Robertson, was famous as the first person to climb all the hills over 3,000 feet in Scotland, now known as 'munros'.
Granite-walled interior, unusual chancel and lovely woodwork give a special atmosphere of peace and beauty. Rothwell pipe organ from Urquhart Church, Elgin, rebuilt 1991 David Loosley.